Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My God is...

An email or a letter can tell you a lot about a person, right? Maybe it’s in the wording they choose to use, or the stories they tell, or even how they describe their day or circumstances. As I was reading a passage in Titus today in my devotions, God painted a picture of Himself. In less than three verses, He told me so much about Himself. Check it out:
“…He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.” (Titus 3:5b-7)
By looking at this passage, I know that my God is…
-the Giver of new beginnings
-generous
-gracious
-forgiving
-loving (adopts us as heirs)
-the Giver of hope
Thank You, Lord, for showing me clearly Who You are! And, You are so much more! May I dig deeper into Your Word to have the privilege of knowing You more and more!

No comments: