Monday, April 20, 2009

the crucified life (galatians 2:20)

I just started doing Beth Moore's Bible study, Living Beyond Yourself. The past couple of days, I've been digging deep into Galatians 2:20- "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." Beth gave us 10 characteristics of a crucified life. I have been pouring over these recently, and I would like to share them with you.
1. Few will understand
2. Must abandon your own will and agenda
3. Your intimate spiritual companions will be few
4. Intense times of aloneness with God is required
5. You will be constantly on the witness stand
6. You must go "outside the camp"
7. There will be times that your dignity is "forfeited"
8. You must forego your rights
9. You must accept that death is painful
10. Because He was forsaken, you will never be
Lord, I want to know You and the power of Your resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in Your sufferings, becoming like You in Your death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead (Philippians 3:10-11)!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Emily,

Thanks for sharing these. God has led our family to take two high school boys under our homeschool and help them graduate. Their Dad passed away about a month ago, lots of praying and a burden on my heart day and night led us to know this is from the Lord.

I am experiencing some "pain" not anything to be compared to my Savior, or even Paul's, but still it hurts to give up "self", your schedule, time, comfort zone, routine...but, HE is worth it, pursuing HIM...to have more of Jesus and less of me is what I desire.

Thanks again, I was doing some grumbling and complaining today and I needed to be reminded about "the crucified life".

Love ya,
Renee Peebles
your Dew4Him sister