Wednesday, June 11, 2008

False Accusations

Towards the end of my Bible study this morning (in my favorite "Bible-study-spot"...the tan comfy chair, Bible, laptop, coffee), I was working on the application part of the Colossians text I was studying. Well...I'm not sure how I got to this next thought- but, I started thinking...
When Jesus was on the earth, many people falsely accused Him of things- such as not being the Son of God, working by Beelzebub (prince of demons), questioning His authority, etc... I thought to myself, "Well, I would never falsely accuse God of anything- He's GOD!" But, then, I began to search my heart...a word popped in my mind- "TRUST". Do, I truly trust Him? In everything? When I don't trust Him with the details of my day and my future, I am basically telling Him that He can't handle it. I'm questioning His authority- I'm saying, "God, I don't think this situation is on Your radar..." I'm falsely accusing Him. ooh- conviction...Lord, help me to trust You. You have my whole life on Your radar screen. You know...You see...help me to believe. If I trust You with eternal salvation, I can trust You with my everyday life.

1 comment:

The Sexton Crew said...

Can I just say "ouch!"
(a good ouch, that is)

=)Amie