Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

hee-hee...so, did you rush to your calendars and make sure we were still in the month of June? well...no worries- you haven't gone crazy- we are not in November, but we are always to be in the season of thanksgiving. I was reading Colossians 3:15-17, and I noticed how many times Paul mentions for us to be thankful. Check it out... "And be thankful" (vs. 15)..."with gratitude in our hearts to God" (vs. 16)... "giving thanks to God the Father..."(vs. 17). See a pattern here? We are continually to live a life of thanksgiving in the Name of the Lord Jesus (vs. 17). He states it pretty simply in verse 15..."And be thankful." period. 3 word sentence. It doesn't get more clear than that, folks. My parents came to visit this past weekend, and they truly live out this instruction- they are very thankful people. Their joy and thankfulness are contagious. I praise the Lord for them- I THANK the Lord for them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sweetie for the kind words about Dad and I! We are so thankful to have such a thankful daughter! We had so much fun and blessings with you, and we enjoyed being with Kristy too! We will certainly miss her. We always enjoy seeing all your friends: Emily S., the Rudolphs, and everyone at your church. It's just like our second home! Love you bunches, Honey Bunch! (just thought that up!) Mom

Anonymous said...

HI Emily,
I am new to your blog. I actually stumbled on it from just looking at the church website for a bible study group. I am not a member of Faith but have attended several times. I usually attend the early service. I am new to the area and have only lived here for a year and half. I love your blog! Thank you so much for doing this. I am hooked! I will be veiwing it alot. It is great to know there are women like you with such a faith and one that truly throws herself into God's word. Please continue to do this for it has truly blessed my life!

Terea P.