Saturday, July 5, 2008

...being watchful...

Colossians 4:2a- "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful..."

Do we pray with great expectations? Do we expect the unexpected? If not, why not? We should! "For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37). In this passage, Paul exhorts us to be WATCHFUL...to watch out for what God is doing. Don't have faithless prayers- our God is BIG! Faith and prayer go hand in hand. However the Lord decides to answer our prayers- it is for the best (Romans 8:28), and remember...our God can do ANYTHING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! My mother is a breast cancer survivor. She has been through a lot of surgeries in the past 3 years. Most of them re-constructive and she was ready for the last one and feeling good about it. The last few weeks she has had trouble breathing and some other problems. We just found out she has lung cancer. Well let me tell you it took us all by surprise! I cried so much because I don't want to lose my mother. I finally realized that I wasn't the one in cotrol of this, GOD is. I hit my knees and believe me it was hard but I gave it to Him. My faith has been tested in all of this but I do have a peace about it all now. Whatever the outcome of this is I know my Lord will help us all through it.

Teresa....