Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Trustworthy God

Last night, while I was praying with a group of folks from my church, I was convicted. When I was talking aloud to the Lord, I echoed a father's prayer to the Lord, "Lord, help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24) I confessed to Him that I have a problem trusting sometimes...it can be difficult in my humanness. Then, I believe God drilled a point into my heart. I thought to myself, what if one of my dear friends- one that I care about deeply and would do anything for- approached me and said, "Emily, I'm having a difficult time trusting you- it's just hard sometimes." I would be so offended, hurt, and disappointed! But, what about when I say that to the Almighty God? My Father, my Deliverer, my Refuge, my Creator, my All in All? He has proven Himself MORE than worthy to receive all of our trust! He really doesn't even have to prove it to us...but He does. We should trust Him because of who He is...the I AM. I do NOT want to offend the Lord by telling Him, "It's hard to trust You." How hurtful that is to Him...God, forgive me.

No comments: